Sonography AAS Admissions
We’re excited to welcome motivated students into our Sonography program. Entrance into the Sonography program has more requirements than our other programs here at Machon L’Parnasa, including an academic skills test. We also have certain technical standards that students must meet to enroll in the program. If you’re ready to get started on the application process, learn more about our requirements and how to apply below.
Our Sonography program applications are accepted December 1 through March 31, annually, for a fall start.
Tuition is the same for each semester, including the summer semester. Semester tuition charges include didactic instruction, clinical instruction, and fees. You can find all tuition information, including how to pay and withdrawal policy, on the Machon Tuition page.
Those who wish to enroll in the sonography program must meet certain requirements:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old by December 31st of the admission year.
- Graduate from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V), formerly known as the Health Occupations Aptitude Examination (HObET). TEAS is a timed test administered by Machon L’Parnasa at the close of the admissions process (after March 31st). There is a testing fee that must be paid at the time of testing ($25 per student). Tests can be taken on a Sunday or during a weekday. The focus of the test is to assess a candidate’s knowledge of reading, mathematics, science, as well as English and language skills.
- Applicants not possessing an Associate's Degree, AAS, must be able to complete the minimum degree requirements here at Touro University.
- Applicants with pre-requisite course work from an institution outside of the United States must have an official, detailed translation of their coursework into the US equivalency sent to the Sonography program from the World Education Services (WES).
- Take a Math, English, and General Science test provided by the program.
- Submit to a background check.
- Take a drug test.
All eligible candidates will be interviewed.
How to Apply
Apply through our online application at apply.touro.edu/machon.
Simply follow these step-by-step directions to complete the application.
- Select New Application.
- First time users: Click the Register Now button at the bottom of the page.
- After completing the Register Now form, you will receive an email to activate your account.
- Once activated, login using the email and password you registered with on apply.touro.edu.
- Select Touro University for Location.
- Select Lander College of Arts and Science for College.
- Select Machon L’Parnasa Diagnostic Medical Sonography for your application.
- Press Next.
- Select New Student for Entering As.
- Select Associate in Applied Science Machon L’Parnasa for Program/Location.
- Select Diagnostic Medical Sonography for Major/Track.
- Select the term for which you intend to apply.
- Press Next.
- Complete the remainder of the application which is now specific to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program. To submit the application, you must:
- Supply the name and email address for three people who can write a recommendation for you.
- Write and upload the Personal Statement Essay.
- Pay the $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Make sure you check the box that says that all the information is correct.
- Make sure you click Submit when finished.
If you have any questions or need more information, feel free to reach out to MachonSonography@touro.edu.
Official transcripts of all high school and college work should be sent directly to Machon L' Parnasa by your high school (and/or college, if applicable.) Transcripts issued to students directly are not considered official documents. Even if you do not intend or expect to transfer college credit, you should have all transcripts sent to Touro University.
All international students must provide proof of secondary school completion according to matriculation standards in the issuing country. All foreign documents must be accompanied by an official English translation and evaluation. International Students staff can help you.
Transfer Credit Policy
For the Sonography program, upon review and confirmation from the program, transfer credits may only be accepted for the following courses: English, Math, Sociology, Computers Concepts, and Anatomy & Physiology I and II. Transfer courses will be considered on a case-by-case basis. For liberal arts courses, the sonography program adheres to the Touro University Undergraduate Transfer Credit Policy.